8 Tips for better SLEEP.
- De-Stress. Too much stress is a common cause of disordered sleeping. Cope with stress through breathing exercises, restorative yoga or meditation
- No phone zone. Try your best to avoid using electronics before bed. Blue light can delay the circadian clock, suppress melatonin & negatively affect the quality of sleep.
- Take a nap. If you are feeling sleepy during the day, there’s nothing wrong.
- Go outdoors. Sun exposure is very important for our sleep cycles. Try to get at least 30 mins of regular exposure to natural sunlight a day- best if first thing in the morning.
- Magnesium. Most of the population is deficient in essential nutrient magnesium. Reduce stress and improve your sleep with a magnesium supplement.
- Set a schedule. Making a point to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends, will help your body regulate its sleep cycle.
- Cut out Coffee. Stimulants like coffee and alcohol can block sleep neurotransmitters. So, try abstaining from alcohol or swapping your morning coffee for matcha.
- Ashwagandha. Incorporating an ashwagandha supplement will help reduce stress levels and promote more restful sleep.